Monday, August 16, 2010

Train Town


The birthday girl!
We headed off to Train Town in Sonoma to help celebrate Lulu's 3rd birthday.  I am a little bummed that my camera battery died about half way through because we had so much fun! 

Grevin loved everything about it.  We got to ride a train through the woods and through tunnels to a petting zoo and a miniature town.  He was very serious taking it all in but really loved it and didn't want to get off of the train.
Riding with daddy on the train!


When we were at the fair last weekend, he was not big enough to go on any of the rides but luckily at train town, he could ride them with daddy.  He didn't want to wait to ride any of the rides, he kept running up to the gate, saying "ride, ride!"  He was not happy when we had to wait for the carousel but I think it was worth the wait for him because he didn't really want to get off!

We then headed over to some of the "big kid" rides and we were in trouble.  He went on the ferris wheel first and I wasn't sure how he would like the big rides...but it turns out that he again didn't want to get off.  He started again with the "ride,ride, ride" when it was time to get off!!
Getting buckled in, he looks so little!!
Waving at momma!

"Look, momma, no hands!"


We then decided to try the REAL roller coaster.  It was fast and bumpy and you could barely see Grey over the protection bar so I really wasn't sure that this was a good idea.
When the ride came to an end, I hear Grey crying his heart out.  I was so worried that he hated it and was scared.  Turns out, it was the complete opposite.  He had asked daddy for "more ride" and he said that they were done and the guy needed to come let them off.  Grey flipped out!  He wanted to do it again.  As they were exiting, he kept trying to get in other cars to go again. He was not happy that the ride was over!

It was alot of fun with lots of good company and we can't wait to go again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Bj
talking about giving me anxiety atttack, I have never heard of an 18 month old riding a ferris wheel or roller coaster. So cut, I also love the cow story, never a dull moment. I could have done without the picture too, oh well
Take care and God Bless

Tania said...

I'm glad (and quite shocked, you are SO in for it) that he had fun on the rides. thanks for sharing Lulu's Fun day with us!