Friday, October 30, 2009

Sick Baby

Poor sick Grey!

This week has gone by in a sleepless blur. Grammie called me Monday afternoon saying that Grey wasn't eating, wasn't his normal self, and had a fever of 102. He had been pulling at his ears for the last week as well and I decided to take him in to get his ears checked on Tuesday. It turns out he has some virus that is going around which is causing the fever and upset stomach...AND he also has ear infections in both ears. Poor guy!! The nurse did not believe me when I said that he still had a fever on Tuesday because he was smiling and laughing and playing. She took it I think to appease me and was shocked it was 103. From Monday through Wednesday he had a fever of 102-103 and it finally broke late Wednesday. We didn't see our normal doctor so we have a follow up appointment with him next Wednesday to see if his ears are clear. Grevin and I are headed to Missouri in a week and I really don't want to find out that his ears are still bothering him as we lift off for an almost 4 hour flight!! His ears actually seem to be bothering him worse now that the fever has broken. He wakes up multiple times a night screaming in pain. I spend a couple of hours each night with him sleeping on my chest in the rocking chair so he can get some rest sitting upright. He is so happy during the day but as soon as the sun goes down....

5 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

I think I heard Grammie say she wanted to play with him at night! I'm glad he's feeling better.

Ali C. said...

Oh no. I hope he gets better soon! Sick babies are not fun at all. J would wake up screaming too. Baby motrin helps. 8 hours of relief!

Auntie said...

Is he clutching that bear?!?! He has a "soothing" toy???

Bill and Paige said...

:( glad he's starting to feel better!! Have fun on your trip! wave to us flyin gover CO

Anonymous said...

Tell Michelle Grammie plays all day with him. He is calling DADA at night. To bad his dada is such a sound sleeper.