Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy 1st birthday, Grey!


Happy 1st birthday, Grey!  I can't believe we are here already...I swear it was just yesterday that we were at the hospital waiting to hear that first cry, making sure you had all your cute little fingers and cute little toes, finding out that we were bringing home a happy, healthy baby boy.  But then other days, it feels like years ago when we had to hold you all night long because you did not want to sleep without human contact, when your daddy would walk you around the house singing the ABC's to get you to calm down and fall asleep.  You have grown into such a cute little boy now and my baby has disappeared before my very eyes.

Grandpa DeShazer said our lives would definitely change once you were born and he was right. But I think it changed for the better instead of the worse like he was implying.  Yes, I like to go to bed before 10 pm now because I know you will be up by 6 am.  I used to LOVE to sleep in but your happy, bubbly smile in the morning makes it totally worth getting up(even though I am lucky and can convince your daddy to get up and let me go back to sleep for an hour on the weekends).  We go for happy hour drinks and out to dinner around 6 now instead of heading out at 8 pm for the night.  You are so much fun to take with us, you smile and wave at everyone and enjoying the sights and sounds of being out in public.  I have yet to spend a night away from you, just because it is so easy to take you with us everywhere!

You never sit still.  Yes, part of this is your age, the other part is your daddy's genetics.  You love to be where the action is...and if there is not much going on, you will cause the action!  It takes about 2 seconds for the living room to be covered in toys.  If I am getting clothes for you out of your dresser, you like to take EVERYTHING out of that drawer.  Luckily, you like to put the stuff back, too, just not as organized as it was before...I have given up on folding your clothes!

Some days you want to be more independent, doing EVERYTHING yourself, playing by yourself, walking everywhere.  Then the next day, all you want to do is have us feed you, play with you, and carry you everywhere.  I love the days when you like to cuddle, you have gotten really good at that!

This first year has been amazing, we are so lucky that you are such a happy, active little guy.  It is so fun to watch you grow, take in the world around you.  I am so excited to see what the next year has in store...

I love you through and through...yesterday, today, and tomorrow too!

Love, Mommy

 Helping dad put together your present from Grandma & Grandpa Oglesby. 

Playing with the soccer ball
The morning of your 1st birthday


3 comments:

Michelle Wing said...

Happy Birthday Grevin! We have had so much fun hanging out with you this year and being a part of your life. I can't wait to see what next year brings and what fun you and Andrew will have.

Ali C. said...

Happy Birthday Buddy! Wish you lived closer then you and J could play all the time!

Bill and Paige said...

Happy Birthday Grey!!! I'm sure you had a great day and were totally spoiled!!! Wish we could be there to help you celebrate your big day....I'll eat some cake for you.

love,
buggy