Friday, April 30, 2010

Words

I love, love, love communicating with Grevin whether it is in sign or with his spoken words. He gets such a kick out of it, too, when we get what he is saying. On the other hand, he has perfected the tantrum when we don't understand what he is trying to communicate.

A couple of people have been asking me what he is signing/saying and I can never think of them in the moment so here is the list that I came up with today:


Signs:
grandpa
fish
dog
cat
more
please
eat
drink
ball
cracker
banana
bottle
hat
book
again
help
bird
bath
dance (made his own)
keys (made his own)
fan

Spoken Words:
mommy
daddy
kitty
side (outside)
doggy
ball
peez
uh, peez (up, please)
tree
light
Ubee (Ruby)
aqui (aquaphor)
keys
Andrew(sounds like andy)
hat

Noises: cars, cat, dog, pig, lion

I know I am missing some and I am sure Grammy could add some to this list. It is amazing how a year ago he had difficulties holding up his head and now he can communicate! I love watching him grow!

1 comment:

Bill and Paige said...

love it!! isn't this stage so much fun. my favorite of hayleys is the dog sound...she sounds like a dying seal...it's so funny!!!