Friday, April 6, 2012

Mexico for Momma!

Stephanie has been teaching in Mexico City for three years and I hadn't had a chance to sneak down to visit her until now! Zippy was the best daddy ever and let me go for 5 days while he stayed home with the kiddos. It was a much needed mini-vacation to refuel and catch up with one of my besties! We did a day trip to Tulum to check out the ruins but other than that enjoy palomas, micheladas, and ceviche on the beaches of Playa Del Carmen!

 Leaving rainy San Francisco


Our hotel was fantastic-right on the beach, live music, great bar
 In the hotel, looking out
 The walkway to our room
 Our door is hidden behind those stairs and plants
 Home sweet home!
 The view of most of the trip :)
 There was a guy who would use that net to catch fish then someone would run out of the hotel to get it from him for dinner that night...talk about fresh!


 Yumminess! I love micheladas :)
 Ready to snorkel in Akumal...if I go back to the Riviera Maya again, I would stay in Akumal. Great beach, great snorkeling, a little more mellow that Playa Del Carmen
 Tulum

 Iguanas everywhere
 Walk down to the beach at Tulum
 Seriously, iguanas everywhere!!
 We found the bar that Zippy and I went to every night on our honeymoon. It is still one of my favorite places!
 Enjoying my Stephy time!
 Late night snacks :)
 Helping the bartenders at my favorite bar. I can't help but giggle at guys with mustaches!
 Best. Ceviche. Ever.
It was a much needed trip and I am so glad that I was able to get away and enjoy my Steph again one on one. I missed my kiddos, but I would sacrifice and do it again ;) I do look forward to when they are a little older and they can come play too!

No comments: