I looked at the calendar earlier and was shocked to realize that today was your 1 month birthday. Time is flying by and I am already sad that I am going to have to eventually go back to work! It feels like you have always been here and a part of our lives. I already cannot imagine what life was like before you were here. You bring so much happiness into our lives, as well as tears of joy. I have caught many of your loved ones tearing up as they held you close because we are all just amazed at what a precious gift you are. You are such a mellow baby who loves to take everything in and just rolls with all of the crazy stuff your mom and dad put you up to! Okay, okay. I know you are probably groaning over this mushy stuff so I will just recap what has been happening this last month.
- Your Grandma and Grandpa Oglesby along with Uncle Ben came to visit. You shared your one week birthday with your Uncle Ben and we went out to eat for the first time. We take you out alot and you just love to watch the world go by and to sleep in the wrap with mommy.
- You tried to worry us by not pooping for the first 4 days...now we wish you never started!! You are the master pooper now, and when I was taking the pictures for this post, you had a major blow out!
- You also lost almost a pound those first few days but it didn't take you long to gain it back along with a few more! You are almost too big and long to fit in your 0-3 month sleepers. Your feet are at the limit of the footed ones!
- Grandma helped me give you your first sponge bath while your cord was still on and you HATED it! Luckily, when we gave you a real bath, you really enjoyed it.
- When your dad left to take Grandma and Grandpa Oglesby to the airport, he picked up your Grandpa Greg and Grandma Georgi. We had such a good time with them here!
- You have had so many visitors from friends to family...and you have even visited daddy's work a couple of times to get lots of attention. Everyone comments on how big your hands and feet are..and how much hair you have. You have a baby mulette already!!
- Sleep. Luckily, it didn't take you long to realize the difference between night and day. You still wake up every 2-3 hours but go back to sleep by the time you are finished eating. In the beginning, 4 am was your favorite time to be awake and alert-now you sleep until 7 am every day.
- You do not like to sleep by yourself. Your favorite place in the world is to be on mommy or daddy with your head on our hearts. You absolutely love to cuddle and I am not complaining! I hope you stay that way :-)
- You are hit and miss about enjoying your walks. We have had to turn around a couple of times even before the end of the block because you wanted to be held and not pushed in the stroller. Your daddy went for a run with you and you liked it for the first 20 minutes and then demanded he return home as fast as possible. I think you just wanted to help him get in shape by making him run faster!
- We have gone shopping numerous times, taken your picture with the Easter bunny, gone to a birthday party, a bbq, many restaurants, dinner at Grandma and Grandpa DeShazers and to watch your daddy play soccer! We even went with our friends Michelle and Andrew to see a movie on a rainy day. A local theater has a 'baby' booth that is sound proof that can be reserved. I think we will be using it alot!
- You love to watch your dogs. In the afternoon, when it is not raining, we go out and throw the ball for Ado. He is really looking forward to you getting bigger so you can play with him. Luna still doesn't know what to think about you sometimes. The first few days, she would run into another room when you started fussing! Now, she doesn't even flinch. They both would love to cover you in kisses if we would let them. For now, we are just limiting the kisses to your toes. Occassionally, they sneak a big wet one across your face when we aren't paying attention but you seem to enjoy it.
- Milestones: you are smiling and cooing but I am still working on getting a laugh out of you; just a couple of days ago you started to purposefully hit one of your toys on your play mat to make it rattle; you definitely know mom and dad's voice and face. You can track us in a crowded room.
- Likes: the dogs, cuddling, the big black picture frame in our living room, the ceiling fan, your rocking chair, playmat, going places, hanging outside, baths, car rides(you never want to fall asleep but at least you don't cry!), eating and eating and more eating!
March 10, 2009: 9 pounds 13 ounces
April 10, 2009: 11 pounds 15 ounces
- Dislikes: sometimes the stroller, not being held, changing your clothes(but this is getting better), your bassinet, falling asleep (this is when you are the most vocal!)
I think that captures the first month with you, Boo. We love you, Grevin, and look forward to watching you grow!
Lots of love, hugs, and kisses!
Mommy and Daddy