Monday, January 4, 2010

I want to ride my bicycle!

For Christmas, Zippy gave me a bike seat for Grevin just like they had in Holland where it attaches to the front of the bike.  After the holidays, we headed to the local bike store to get new bikes to put it on!  In Holland, we would each have two kids on the bikes with us-one in the front, one in the back...and then would have groceries in the saddlebags.  In an effort to get more exercise, be more active with Grevin, and save a little gas and parking money, we decided to try to adopt that lifestyle a little bit more here.  We are not walking distance to a grocery store but we are biking distance!  We already walk downtown but now we can get there faster for that cup of coffee or a pint of beer with friends.  Plus we have lots of friends that live close by so we can now ride on over to their houses!


Grevin loves to ride on the bike.  He wasn't a big fan of the helmet until we put him on the bike, then the helmet was completely forgotten.  My bike is still being built so I took a picture of Zippy and Grevin getting ready to ride the bike home from the bike store.  Grevin was smiling the whole way home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so happy. Also, I see you finally got a picture of his teeth.

Michelle Wing said...

When can I get my turn on the bike? That looks like fun!

Bill and Paige said...

that looks so cool! hayley would love that...she loves the wind in her face.

Ali C. said...

I saw those seats on Tori and Dean and wanted one!