Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back to work

Day 1: completed.

I have been off of work for 20 weeks and was completely dreading going back to work. It was not as bad as I thought it would be other than a few teary moments throughout the day and thinking CONSTANTLY about what Grevin was doing. Luckily, the people I work with made the transition easy to get back into the swing of things, it was almost like I never left! The worst part would have to be the pumping every few hours. I do not have a very good relationship with my pump but I am trying to work things out with it. It is going to be an interesting 8 months if we can't start getting along!

Grevin had a great time with Grandma. And Grandma had a great time with him. I was worried about having to wake him up to go over there but he was wide awake at 5:30, a half hour before I needed to get up. I thought that was bad until this morning. Last night, we got home and played for awhile. Around 5:15 pm, he started acting tired so I thought I would let him take a power nap. He was still sound asleep at 9 pm so I decided to let him keep sleeping. Guess who's smiling face I saw at 4:45 this morning?? None other than the well rested Grevin! I think he is still on Missouri time! Tonight we are going to try to go for a walk after work when he gets sleepy so he won't think he is down for the night and maybe he will let me sleep in until 6 am tomorrow!

3 comments:

Bill and Paige said...

must be in the air because h went to bed at 6pm last night, but she slept till 6am:)

I was thinking about you all day today!! I hope you and your pump find a happy common place:)

Can't wait to see you next month!!

A Mother's Nature said...

If you need anything, just let me know. I know the transition is hard, 17 months later, I am still have teary moments. Here for you...

Steph

Michelle Wing said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went well and you are handling the transition well. Andrew and I on the other hand are at a loss without our friends.