Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Missouri

Better late than never, right? I have been trying to get this post up for awhile. What a trip. I think we saw 50+ friends and relatives and Grevin was such a champ. We left the house at 4:45 am on July 5th to fly back to Missouri. Our flight was uneventful, Grey slept through most of it because he had a bit of a cold. I was concerned that his ears would be bothering him but he did great. We spent the first few days hanging out with my dad and his side of the family. My stepsister's oldest son was staying with them for a few days so it was fun hanging out with them. Lisa has been living overseas and I think I have seen her maybe two or three times since our parents married. She has three little boys and is now living in Omaha. Everytime we have tried to see each other, we barely miss each other(she moved to Belgium the day we came back from living in Holland; she was at my dad's and left the morning that we arrived. You get the picture!). We finally got to meet up if only for an hour but hopefully we will see more of them and Grevin's only cousins! We then headed to Lake Pomme de Terre for an Owings Family Reunion. We ate alot of food, drank alot of beer, played alot in the water, and caught up with family we hadn't seen in awhile. It was alot of fun but never long enough. I am sad that Grevin won't get to see these people on a regular basis...but I guess that means I have to go back more often!! He thought his Uncle Ben was the funniest thing ever. Ben would just look at him and he would crack up.


And I apologize for the picture mess down here. I guess I didn't format them correctly in the blog so they are all over the place. They take so long to upload that I didn't want to do it again!! The pictures with my dad are a few posts down in the section about a quick look at Missouri!

Uncle Ben playing with Grey

















My cousins babies with Grey: Ashlyn (7mths) and Grevin. She was nice enough to share the pink bumbo! Other Picture: Grey sitting on cousin Aubrianna's lap.(2 yrs)








Zippy and Ben did alot of wakeboarding while we were at the lake and Grevin was jealous. He wanted to try too!






















We had alot of fun. Grevin is a true pisces...he loves the water!!






No comments: