Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy 4th Anniversary!


Today is our fourth anniversary...where does the time go?  Zippy and I met in 2001 at SSU when I first moved out to California.  He was the main reason I stayed :) We met in class as we were both geography majors but didn't get to really know each other until 9/11/01 when we were heading out on a class field trip down the San Andreas fault to go to a conference in Santa Barbara.  We have been inseparable since!  It was such a tragic day but for me personally, I have alot of positive thoughts when this day rolls around.  He tried to put the moves on me on the car trip but I was able to resist him for about a week :)  The line "Do you want to hang out sometime outside of class?" had me swooning and it was all over after that!  After we both graduated from SSU, we walked together(ahh...so sweet)...we headed off to Europe for a year to live with an amazing family and for him to play amateur soccer.  We shared lots of ups and downs and came out of that year knowing that we could survive anything.  We were married in February 2006-outside on Lake Tahoe-people thought we were crazy but the day was absolutely beautiful!  Flash to today, we now own our own home(well, technically the bank does...and will forever), we have an amazing son who is about to turn a year, and we are looking forward to the next adventures of this crazy adventure called life.  There is no one else who I would want by my side!!  I love you, Zippy, thank you for being an amazing father, an excellent husband, and my best friend. 

2006(couple of days before our wedding)
2010

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Barbara says
Happy anniversary, I am so happy for you, I suppose you will go eat sushi?
Pictures are cute, I vote for weird like daddy too
God bless all of you

Bill and Paige said...

awe:) Happy Anniversary!!

Michelle Wing said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful night. (Maybe you can get Grammie to take Grey all night long!!)

Ali C. said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jill said...

You are so cute! Happy Anniversary you two!

saraho said...

Happy Anniversary! Cheers to many many many more!!