Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tahoe

I love the drive up to Tahoe when the roads are clear after a huge storm. I love seeing the snow piled up on the sides of the road, higher than the cars!

And I like a sleeping baby, too!
What a great weekend! We went to Tahoe with Grammy, Uncle Tyler, Rory, and Auntie Zephy. We rented a condo in Northstar, just a short distance from the village. When Zippy was little, his family used to do this every year for a week and we decided we needed to renew this tradition, even if it was just for a long weekend. The weeks leading up to our trip were full of storms that dumped 8 feet of snow. Luckily, the sun was shining and warm while we were there but there was plenty of snow to play in!

We had so much fun people watching by the firepits, skiing, playing in the snow, sledding, and enjoying playing games together and just hanging out.

The Condo

Grevin loved playing in the snow.

The Wings' condo was just up the pathway from our rented one so they decided to come up to Tahoe to play, too! Even Jared decided to make an appearance for a preview of what girls' weekend will be like this year in Tahoe (plus another two mobile babies!).

The boys are getting so big!
The boys with their daddies!
The big kids even got to play for awhile. Michelle, Brian, Zippy, and I got to go skiing while Grevin and Andrew watched Auntie Zephy and Grammy for us.
We even got to meet Dan Gordon from Gordon Biersch. He stopped Zippy and Brian because they were drinking Marzen.
Now, I am sure Grevin will hate me forever because I made wear tights. I kept telling him I would do it if we wouldn't keep his socks on but he just won't listen! Everyone teased him and I am sure he is scarred for life....but at least his toes stayed warm! It could have been worse, they could have pink butterflies on them!
It was such a great trip. I can't wait to do it again! Zippy says that next year, Grevin will be skiing with him :-)

A little video of Grevin laughing at Zippy.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Look at those smiling boys! So cute! I'm glad Grey liked the snow. I hope Shane does too!

Michelle Wing said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for asking us to come up.

Bill and Paige said...

did you really put him in tights?? he is going to kill you!!

have you tried shoes? hayley always took her socks off until i tricked her with shoes and now she will leave her socks on!!

Anonymous said...

AUNT BARBARA SAYS
tIGHTS, NO BIGGIE, i JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE HIS GLOVES ARE, HIS POOR LITTLE HANDS. HE IS SO FREAKIN CUTE, I JUST LOVE THIS BLOG

Ali C. said...

It was nice seeing you guys! Can't believe we almost have 1 year olds! Girls weekend will be tons of fun!